Sunday, August 15, 2010

HFC Syndrome

HFC [Home-From-Camp] Syndrome is a term my sister came up with to describe the days post-camp when one suffers depression after so much fun, food, and friends at camp.

Well, we have it. Full force.

How could we not after such a glorious week at Laity Lodge Family Camp where I had no need to plan or fix meals or keep my children occupied? The wonderful staff at Laity Lodge took care of all of that for me. I just had to show up, eat, participate and have fun.

So the question is: How do I continue in that spirit of being relaxed and having fun with my kids while I return to my responsibilities of official meal and activity coordinator?

I don't quite know. It's a difficult balance for me to maintain. And this very moment I am having to constantly remind myself to cast my cares on Him. He really does care for me and cares that I walk in rest and peace.

It's important to Him that I have fun with my kids in the midst of running a household and coordinating school. He desires for me to have abundant life outside of family camp and to thrive in my role here at home. His plans for me are good.

I'm holding on to those truths this week as HFC lingers and we get back into the everyday rhythm of life. In all honesty, though, I am already looking forward to going again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment