Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hope

for the Essentials Blue In Worship Theology Course with Dan Wilt


I'm back in the Essentials courses, this time for university credit. Seriously the best "thing" I've spent my time and money on in...probably ever. And it just keeps getting better and better. I can't say enough good things about the people over at worshiptraining.com, and I'm continually amazed at the quality program they have put together for such a great price. I know I sound like a commercial, but this is totally unsolicited praise.

If you can carve out 6-8 hours a week for 4 weeks, head over to worshiptraining.com and sign up for a course or 2. Or talk to your worship pastor about signing your church up. They offer a great church-wide subscription that make it possible for anyone in the church to take 1 course or 6 courses. Essentials courses have deepened and broadened me in ways I didn't think possible, but not in knowledge (although that's been good and abundant) or information. It's been in depth of understanding of the goodness and greatness of God, and it's caused me to draw near to Him, to long to sit at His feet, to relish the privilege that it is to be His favored daughter...

End accolades.

This is my 3rd run with Essentials Blue (e*b). Yes it is my favorite...well it was until I did the courses on worship leading, song writing and spiritual formation. It runs a close 2nd with spiritual formation. I've already done all of the basic course work for e*b, so this go around I'm doing the extra assignment for university credit which is to read Surprised by Hope by N.T. Wright. It's a little more cerebral than Simply Christian but oh so good.

It's been a gentle breeze that has blown away some of the fog that slowly and stealthily accumulates whilst unbelief is a part of our household. I don't even know it's there until someone like N.T. Wright comes along and blows a little. The fog moves and I realize: "Oh, I can see more clearly now." And so I step full on into the wind and allow it to relentlessly tear away the bits of unbelief that have tried to intertwine with my thoughts.

The book is done and it's time to put pen to paper to summarize my thoughts. Check back soon. Meanwhile, go to worshiptraining.com and check it out. Be sure to tell them Heather sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment